Comments Timeline

• 2015-04-02  M_3_4_01_TOOL
    Comment by Henk Lamers

Dear Generative Gestaltung collegues,

Since November 11, 2013 I am working on the examples of your excellent Generative Design book. I try to make variations on the programs and I stick with at least 5 variations of each program and sub-program. Ik document all progress in a blog (https://mycodehistory.wordpress.com) in which you can also find links to the Generative Design Variations on Flickr and on my Loftmatic website. At this moment I have reached ‘M.3.4 Deconstructing the mesh’. I have downloaded the latest update from your website. But there is only one thing that does not work. When I press the d-key Processing gives me a java.langArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException and it exports an empty dxf-file. It seems that I cannot repair this problem. I am working on a Mac Pro, OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.2, 2 x 2,66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xenon, 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC. And I am using Processing 2.1.1. Is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Greetings,

Henk Lamers

• 2015-02-14  P_1_2_2_01
    Comment by Oli

Hi I've tried to change the code slightly to remove the mouse functions but I only seem to get 1 row of pixels appear when it runs?

I'm assuming it a problem with the the pixel grid.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Oli

• 2015-01-31  P_1_2_2_01
    Comment by Tod

Hello

When i ran this example it pops up an error  whenever i try to save the color palette, pressing "c" key . The error is : Stringindexoutofboundsexception: string index out of range: 3

Of course i have all the libraries installed and i m using last  processing version.

Thanks in advance

Tod

• 2015-01-16  M_2_6_01_TOOL_TABLET
    Comment by chadwick

I'm using the M_2_6-01_TOOL_TABLET file, but I get this error when i run it. How can i fix it? The libraries are in the correct folder.

invalid Class-Path header in manifest of jar file: /Users/chadwick/Documents/Processing/libraries/GenerativeDesign/library/jpen-2.jar

• 2014-11-24  P_3_1_2_02
    Comment by Meghan

I'm trying to learn how to do this via the code provided but I see no code for the "calendar" variable. Help?

• 2014-11-09  M_3_4_03_TOOL
    Comment by Marcel

Hi, ich bekomme beim 3D Export mit DXF, ab einer Polygonzahl von über 32768 diese Fehlermeldung:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -32768

Konnte das Problem leider nicht selbst lösen bzw. wusste nicht wie ich den Wertebereich für den Arrayindex neu zuweisen kann. Könntet ihr mir irgendwie weiterhelfen? Habe auch schon OBJExport probiert, leider werden hier immer "malformed meshes" generiert.

Danke und Gruß

Marcel

• 2014-10-22  M_6_4_01_TOOL
    Comment by ibrahim muasher

Hello, Thank you for this great resource.

I am new to processing, but I wanted to do a similar program, with a bit more constraint.

Can you advise me how to narrow down the displayed nodes (or articles shown) based on date. So for example, displaying only articles and links since 2013.

Is it also possible to change the imported data to another website than wikipedia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again.

• 2014-09-13  M_3_4_03_TOOL
    Comment by Chitzui

"void setupGUI(){" => unexpected token: void

in GUI... Cooles Beispiel das direkt nicht funktioniert auf Seite 16 .. nice nice nice

• 2014-08-27  P_1_0_01
    Comment by Martina

and of course thanks to reply and for the great work...!

• 2014-08-27  P_1_0_01
    Comment by Martina

Hello,

I'm reading the book, and in this code (here on the site) there's the option to save a pdf, but no path. So where the pdf's are suppose to be saved? and how are they called?

Of course i've written "true" at the first boolean.